Aerial View of Campus, ca. 1975

Title

Aerial View of Campus, ca. 1975

Description

This photograph, one of the periodic aerial views made during the early years, shows the completed Loop Road" (now called Hilltop Circle) and Susquehanna Hall (1970) and the first phase of Patapsco Hall (1972). Yet to be constructed was the second wing of Patapsco Hall (1975?). Also shown in the image is the original Police building, a small building between the East Wing of the Library (1975) and Susquehanna Hall. The Police building was constructed with a $300,000 grant under the leadership of Robert Neilson, Director of Public Safety.

Source

University Photographs

Date

ca. 1975

Format

gelatin silver prints; black-and-white photographs; 16 x 20 in.

Identifier

UARC Photos-18-005

Files

http://library.umbc.edu/speccoll/UMBC_50th_Online_Exhibit/50umbctimeline/PDFs/JPEG/UARCPhotos-18-005.jpg

Tags

Citation

“Aerial View of Campus, ca. 1975,” UMBC 50th, accessed February 18, 2020, https://umbc50.omeka.net/items/show/1686.