Land Acquisition from the Stabler Family

Title

Land Acquisition from the Stabler Family

Description

Not all of the land on which the new campus was going to be built was already owned by the state. One parcel was owned by the Stabler Family, 13 acres along Walker Avenue approximately where the Library & Gallery is now situated. The State acquired the land in 1965 through an Option Contract. The letter from Albert P. Backhaus, Director of the Department of Public Improvements for the State Department of Public Works, sent the signed Option to Edmund Stabler.

Creator

Backhaus, Albert P.

Source

Stabler family papers, Collection 27

Date

5/26/1965

Format

correspondence; 10.8 x 8.1 in.

Identifier

50UMBC-006

Files

http://library.umbc.edu/speccoll/UMBC_50th_Online_Exhibit/50umbctimeline/PDFs/JPEG/50UMBC-006.jpg

Tags

Citation

Backhaus, Albert P., “Land Acquisition from the Stabler Family,” UMBC 50th, accessed December 4, 2022, https://umbc50.omeka.net/items/show/1535.